Sunday 27 January 2013

Age and life lessons...

Age, what is age really? Does our actual age define who we are and how we act? I think the answer is no! I always joke about being only 25 although I may just be a few years older than that... Why, one may ask. The answer to that one is quite simple, I don't feel old. People usually assume i have some sort of age crisis but no! couldn't be further from the truth. I am quite happy being where I am at the moment, I enjoy my life and for the most part I lack nothing and feel content :) As it goes now, don't know if it's because I study with a lot of people younger than me or if it is that I finally dare to not care what people think or expect of me but I feel younger than I have before.

I spoke with a friend the other day, and was asked if I truly wanted to be 25 again-the honest answer would be no. I'd like to be younger yes BUT I wouldn't want to be without all the things I've done, the experience I've gained and all things I have so far achieved. Truth is also, without all my past experiences I wouldn't be where I am today and I like today! All in all, what we do defines where we go and as I am now convinced I am just where I should be, doing what I'm meant to do and going where I'm meant to be headed I could ask for nothing more! I sincerely believe that mistakes aren't bad, this is what we learn from. I view mistakes as life lessons. I would much rather make mistakes and know that I at least dared to try than sit later on in life and regret not trying!

Although I have weeks that are busy, days that sometimes feel tough and things don't always go to plan I love my life today! Still, I'm going to keep making mistakes in life, because I will keep on trying new things! I am not going to shy away when a challenge approaches, because I want to learn more, experience more and move on in life so that I can enjoy, and appreciate every day I get and love my life as much in the future as I do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment