Friday 7 December 2012

Exam done. Welcome to my very longed for weekend!

Exam done, e-mailed and posted... YES!!! Not that I am particulary satisfied with what I've written, as usual, but at least it is done! Now I can relax and enjoy the weekend before we get started on a new course come monday... This was the las exam of 2012 (hopefully, might be a different story if I don't pass though).

This weekend my daughter has made a long list of things seh wants to do. She has decided we need to make a gingerbread house, make gingerbreads, marsipan sweets, nougat sweets and go sledging :) I have agreed to all of the above! In addition we're also planning a visit to my parents at some point, an easy task as they live litterally across the road from us. I for one cannot wait to go sledging, have been watching all the lovely snow fall all week whilst I've been stuck inside writing. Now I want to just throw myself round in the snow with the kids :) For you guys who don't know we now have at the very least ab 15-20inches of snow on the ground over here!

Have also started to get excited about christmas, finally! Only a couple of weeks away, almost all shopping done and loads of fun things planned in the run up to... Have to admit it has been a bit of a downer as this year the kids won't spend christamas with me. It's their dad's turn to have them and although it's only fair and an arrangement we've agreed on it is still a bit of a low point I guess. We're all(my family) going to celebrate a day early in order to have a christmas together and now that's been arranged it all feels better. The high's and low's of being divorced. When you no longer live together you do end up missing bits in your kids lives, I reckon anyone in a similar position will agree with me when I say that this sucks at times. No parent really want to miss ou anything in their childrens lives!

Some positive aspects do exist though, for one-it isn't viable or healthy to stay in a non working relationship neither for the adult nor the children. I have become a happier and more confident person since the divorce and my kids benefit from having a happy mum. Secondly, as a single parent you get some time to yourself, something that is not always a bad thing. A little bit of space to give yourself the opportunity only to be you is so valuable. It's a chance to not only be mum but also develop your own intrests and do fun things :)

 So... little bits of lots of things, enough with thoughts and reflections for today. Now I will curl up in the sofa, pour a glass of red and enjoy the fact that it is weekend and I have no studying to do or books to read. Happy friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment