Sunday 23 December 2012

Happy Christmas!

All that stress before christmas, have spent the last couple of nights wrapping presents and fixing all the last bits of prep and... yes I managed to do it, in time! Today was the big day. As the kids are celebrating at their father's on christmas eve and day we decided to go ahead and do christmas a day early. It has been a lovely day, loads of food, sweets and of course presents. Think the kids got more than what they could've wished for and now they're happily asleep :) Tomorrow I'll be off to my parents after having dropped them at their father's house and then we'll do a "grown up" christmas and exchange presents. Should hopefully be good as well :)

The whole christmas frenzy is rather crazy though. Every year I always think that this will be the year when I don't buy the kids too much so they'll learn to appreciate their gifts. Every year I then get worried they won't get enough presents as I have tried to follow the above... Every year people around my kids give them loads of gifts anyway and it all ends up in a total unwrapping mania of wanting more. They obviously like their presents and yes, they do get necessary things aswell as toys but... always lots of stuff! Not that I deny them that but to put it in perspective it seems so weird that we this end of the world give away tons of stuff when so many people around the globe barely have anything to eat. All this media influence and christmas hype tells us that this is what you do if you love your children, family etc. And yes, I'm guilty of falling into this every year but, isn't the most important thing that you are together with your loved ones? Love can never be expressed fully through pricey presents. Love is being there for, listening to and spending time with the ones you care about. That is something you can do everyday, not just one day a year! My aim in life is that my kids will grow up and not think of me in terms of what material things they've recieved or not, but will feel that I always was at their side, that I always listened(and at least tried to understand) and that I always had time for them, no matter what. That is the true meaning of christmas and how you express true LOVE for the ones you care about!!! On that note:

I wish you all a very happy christmas! Hope you have a great time with your loved ones and that this christmas will bring special memories to treassure forever! HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment