Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!!!

So, I'm now sat here with a glass of bubbly(love champagne, my one and only expensive vice) and the day has come to sum up the year that has passed. Where do I begin...

Let's start with Uni, this past school year has been good it seems. All my studies have gone well, have passed all my exams and student life now seems easier than when I first started. Maybe because I'm now getting in the flow of student life or maybe because I actually love what I do. This past year has made me realise I am in the right place and doing what i am meant to be doing. A good year all in all!

As for home life the kids and I have been well, it's lovely to watch them grow into their different personalities more everyday. They are both at real developing stages age wise(read periods of extreme testing of their mother at times) but that is all part of growing up and learning new life skills :) Last year has also been a bit though, on my son in particular as he's not growing as "normal". Doctors have ruled out any underlying troubles and through loads of tests confirmed this is "only" due to lack of growth hormones. Treatments will probably start next year so wish us luck! We also had a tough time when we lost my cousin unexpectedly last spring. He was too young and it happend suddenly...

Personally I've had a good year. I've learnt a lot about myself and how I react in different situations. I have become more patient and relaxed both when it comes to school and when applied to the rest of my life. I feel I have achieved what I wanted and I've also had some opportunities for fun nights with friends. Over the past year I have made a few new friends and also reconnected with some old good friends with whom i had lost contact. Sadly I've also lost a few, some intentionally others not... Always sad when you loos friends you thought were close but that's life I guess...

Over the past year we have also had my best friend over to stay, miss her so much! Fab to see her, hopefully I'll be off to see her soon :) We have managed to buy a new car, moved house and I managed to win a price in a competition. All good!

As for the coming year expectations are high! My daughter starts school this coming autumn, she can't wait. By march/april I'll be half way through Uni as well.. Also hope all will go well for my son's treatment. On a more personal note I hope for some more opportunity for party and sparkle in my life and maybe a chance to dare to and meet someone special, who knows!

As for New Year resolutions I only ever have one reoccuring one: I promise that I will not give any resolutions as I am not very likely to keep them anyways ;)

On that note I want to wish everyone all the best for 2013 and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment